Warzone Mobile Just Hit the Point of No Return

Activision has now locked in the final chapter for Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile, and the battle royale is headed for a permanent offline state in the coming months. Players have had plenty of warning, after the publisher pulled the game from storefronts in May 2025 and stopped releasing new content.

 

Activision has announced it will shut down the servers for Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile. The move follows a path the company had already set in May 2025, when it removed the title from digital stores and halted the rollout of new content. Now it has confirmed the battle royale experience will go offline for good starting April 17, 2026.

Even though Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile is no longer available on digital storefronts, players who downloaded it before the removal have still been able to access the battle royale offering. That, however, is only temporary. As stated in a notice published on Activision’s official website, this will no longer be possible within a few months.

“As the final step in the Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile service changes communicated previously, servers will go offline on April 17, 2026. From that point forward, the game will no longer be available to play. Until then, players will be able to access the game and enjoy existing content.” – the message says.

In the FAQ section placed directly beneath that notice, Activision also addresses the why: “while we’re proud of the achievement of bringing Call of Duty: Warzone to mobile in an authentic way, unfortunately it has not met our expectations with mobile players, the way it did with PC and console audiences.” Even so, players will be able to access Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile and redeem their COD Points until the servers shut down.

 

Black Ops 7 Is Also One of the Lowest-Selling Recent Entries, Activision Says

 

Call of Duty is not exactly in a smooth stretch right now. Beyond what happened with Warzone Mobile, Activision has also acknowledged that Call of Duty: Black Ops 7 has been one of the lowest-selling entries of the last few years – a result that lands as a hard blow given how much the shooter franchise contributes to Activision’s overall revenue. As a result, the people in charge of the series now need to tread carefully to avoid a future where CoD turns into a chain of failed releases.

Source: 3DJuegos

Avatar photo
theGeek is here since 2019.

No comments

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.