An old franchise is making a return to consoles. „It’s the racing game where racing is for wimps.” After 2015’s Carmageddon: Reincarnation, Stainless Games is working on a new installment which will be available on PlayStaiton 4, Xbox One and PC. The developers stated something bold: bringing back the over-the-top experience from the past.
No release date is known for Carmageddon: Max Damage yet, but the developers already revealed a few promising details about the upcoming game:
- Over 30 cool custom killing machines, each with their own highly distinctive character
- 10 large open environments to explore
- A host of moving targets to hunt down for points, including pedestrians in wheelchairs & mobility scooters, cyclists, bears and aliens
- Career mode with 6 different event types
- Multiplayer with 4 online event types
- Fully featured action replay mode; to relive all the action again from any perspective.
- … with over 90 crazy PowerUps, complex car damage and repair system, blood, laughs and much, much more.
If you bought Reincarnation on PC, you get a free copy of Max Damage on PC when it launches. For console players, the franchise is making a probably glorious, or at least, bloodshed return.