RAGE 2, which is co-developed by id Software and Avalanche Studios, got two videos. The first one recaps what we can expect in this game.
The first video, which is only 2.5 minutes long, gives us a small peak into each aspect of the game, including some cutscenes, characters, and the unmissable side quests that are scattered across the open world. We don’t need to explain it further. It speaks for itself:
There’s also a pre-order trailer for the PlayStation 4 version, as nowadays, there is no AAA game that has no pre-ordering bonuses. If you cough up the cash for RAGE 2 early, you’ll get the Settler’s pistol, the Nicolas Raine armour, a mutant monster truck skin, as well as the „Cult of the Death God” mission.
There’s also the Deluxe edition, which comes with the following:
- Rise of the Ghosts – An exciting campaign expansion to RAGE 2! Stay tuned for more details at a later date.
- DOOM BFG – Get your hands on DOOM’s big, friendly superweapon and eviscerate everything in your way in a flash of energy – Marine-tested, Ranger-approved!
- Mutant Monster Truck Skin – Run over enemies in style with this exclusive vehicle skin. The truck is self-cleaning, so don’t worry about those pesky blood stains messing up the pearl coating.
- Wasteland Wizard Cheat Codes – You’ve been granted mighty new powers by the reclusive wasteland wizard! Utilize this collection of exclusive “cheat codes” to rule the wasteland.
- Progress Booster – Kick into Overdrive! Get more bang for your bang with this wasteland Progress Booster.
- Battle Standard – Strike fear into the hearts of your enemies as you race into combat with this imposing banner streaming from your vehicle.
RAGE 2 with its post-apocalyptic style (which seems to have been entirely copied in Far Cry: New Dawn as well…), is going to launch on May 14 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Although id Software is working on this game, it wasn’t the id Tech engine that was used for it. Instead, it utilises the Apex engine from Avalanche. What a weird decision…