Insomniac-Triple: The Hacked Studio’s Plans And Files

We summarize three news items regarding the case of Insomniac Games.


Last week we reported that the studio was the victim of a ransomware attack. At the time, a team called Rhysida promised to release the files if the Sony studio didn’t pay up. Insomniac Games didn’t pay, and Rhysida kept their word, releasing 1.3 million files, according to Cyber Daily, resulting in 1.67 terabytes (over 1600 gigabytes!) of data being uploaded to a darknet site. About 98% of the stolen data has already been released, and the remaining 2% has been auctioned off to someone else.

On the social networking sites, users have started to go through the files and have found a lot of information and assets about Insomniac’s future projects. For example, they have an agreement with Marvel, which is under Disney, so more licensed games could be made, but also documents about their human resources department have been released and budgets have been made public.

For example, on the ResetEra forum you can see that a PC port of any PlayStation Studios game that requires less than $30 million to port can be requested with a simple email. This budget was more than enough for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (which needed 81 million on PS5; Marvel’s Spider-Man 2’s budget was 300 million!). The PC ports are not doing that well, by the way (we’ll get back to it later today), and Horizon: Zero Dawn is the best of the bunch with over 3 million sales. It is followed by God of War and Days Gone. Sony’s next PC game is Horizon: Forbidden West.

The leak also reveals that the studio’s next game will NOT be Marvel’s Wolverine, but Marvel’s Venom, which is said to be coming to PlayStation 5 in the fall of 2025 and will be about the size of Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales. Three playable characters and a storyline will lead up to Marvel’s Spider-Man 3, which will come in 2028 (presumably for PlayStation 6), but could be split into two parts and possibly have a multiplayer component. X-Men could arrive in 2030, preceded by a new Ratchet & Clank in 2029. A new IP will follow in 2031 and 2032, and these are currently being led by smaller teams. Of course, all this could change, as we are talking about data from July 2023…

Source: VGC, WCCFTech, WCCFTech

Spread the love
Avatar photo
Anikó, our news editor and communication manager, is more interested in the business side of the gaming industry. She worked at banks, and she has a vast knowledge of business life. Still, she likes puzzle and story-oriented games, like Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments, which is her favourite title. She also played The Sims 3, but after accidentally killing a whole sim family, swore not to play it again. (For our office address, email and phone number check out our IMPRESSUM)

No comments

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

theGeek TV