Menu

Could The Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic Remake Never Be Made?!

Amid internal conflicts, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic has been postponed indefinitely at Aspyr, according to a recent report.

 

 

Fans haven’t seen much of the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic remake, except for a Revan-related animation. It definitely didn’t live up to what you’d expect from the game, no matter how much it was improved, but now it seems to be in big trouble. So far, we have not heard of a release date or at least a window, but it appears that the game’s completion has been postponed indefinitely.

According to Bloomberg reporter Jason Schreier’s sources, the Knights of the Old Republic remake is on indefinite hiatus.

Aspyr Media, the developer of the KOTOR remake, has reportedly unexpectedly fired the game’s art director Jason Minor and design director Brad Prince. A series of meetings held by Aspyr during July revealed that the project is on hiatus. How and why were not specified. Meanwhile, Aspyr is looking for new contracts and development opportunities.

Bloomberg’s sources also revealed that Aspyr had finalized a demo for the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic remake, which was shown to Lucasfilm and Sony on June 30. The developers were reportedly excited about the game so far and felt that they were on track with development, but apparently, this demo has not been well received. Aspyr studio executives have reportedly told staff that the demo is not where it should be.

One source also indicated that time and money were the primary concerns, as the game’s development cycle was reportedly unsustainable.

It seems that Aspyr initially told Lucasfilm, Sony and staff that the game would be released by the end of this year, but now they have set a new target of 2025. No word on what will happen from there, but as of now, it appears that the Knights of the Old Republic remake is no longer in active development. Neither Aspyr nor Embracer Group responded to Bloomberg’s inquiry.

Saber Interactive has been rumoured to have been helping Aspyr with the Knights of the Old Republic remake since May 2022, assisting with outsourced work on the project. Apparently, some people at Aspyr think that Saber could take over the project entirely, which would give the project some hope but not necessarily much reassurance. After all, problems with time and money, and a video game project changing development studios, are primarily signs of development hell.

It’s too early to say that this is the case, but this news may be worrying for fans nonetheless.

Source: GamersRD

Spread the love

No comments

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

theGeek TV