After private investigators knocked on his door, SupMatto got into trouble because of Borderlands 3.
Previously, we already discussed the situation, so we’ll just recap them: 2K and Take-Two were investigating SupMatto for over a year, because he got Borderlands 3 information via illegal ways, and thus, he had to take a break, but he kept his YouTube account available. All to no avail, as this tweet, reveals that 2K has dumped no less than 112 (a hundred and twelve, that is not a typo…) copyright claims on him, resulting in the channel’s termination.
„I plan to see how I feel come September. I don’t know if I want to play the game. I don’t know if I want to make videos. I don’t know where I’m gonna be at. I haven’t been keeping up with anything, I haven’t even watched the new character trailers. I’m still stoked for characters like FL4K and stuff, I just think I’ve been too close to the source for too long. I just need to step away from Borderlands, man,” SupMatto said in the video that is now no longer available thanks to the almost retarded copyright claims. (At least he can do what he said at the end – step away from Borderlands. Black humour, pretty much?) Let us mention that he was a fan. Take-Two could have made him an official hype guy for the game by providing him information first-hand officially. But no, that’d be too easy, and Gearbox and Take-Two got negative attention. The game did not get leaked. Nobody plays with it before it’s possible.
Borderlands 3 is out on September 14 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. On PC, it will be an Epic Games Store exclusive, and it will also use Denuvo on top of it. (And there will be no pre-loading either.)