According to a report on the video games industry, Bobby Kotick alone earned as much as Activision Blizzard’s 1,560 employees combined…
The recent scandal at Activision Blizzard has put the spotlight back on the CEOs of major video game companies and their earnings. In this context, a report was published yesterday listing the CEOs who earned the most in 2020, the first year of the pandemic.
Video Games Chronicle (VGC) reports that this research, conducted by Games One through an examination of company archives from various companies, considers the salaries, bonuses, shares and other perks of those involved.
According to Games One, Robert Antokol, the head of Playtika, was the highest-earning CEO in the industry in 2020, with $372 million. It should be noted that Playtika is primarily known for its mobile casino and slot machine apps, so…
…it was actually Bobby Kotick, the dubious CEO of Activision Blizzard, who earned the most in 2020, with a total of $154.6 million, which is the same as the average salary of the developer’s 1,560 employees.
So they were the highest-paid video game industry CEOs in 2020:
Below is a top 10 list of the highest earners, with names that will probably be familiar to many, such as Andrew Wilson (EA) and Strauss Zelnick (Take-Two). Among the 40 highest-paid executives are Yosuke Matsuda (Square Enix), Yves Guillemot (Ubisoft) and Marcin Iwinski and Adam Kicinski from CD Projekt RED.
- Robert Antokol (Playtika) – $372 million
- Bobby Kotick (Activision Blizzard) – $154.6 million
- Andrew Paradise (Skillz) – $103.3 million
- Andrew Wilson (EA) – $34.7 million
- Frank Gibeau (Zynga) – $32.7 million
- John Riccitiello (Unity) – $22 million
- Strauss Zelnick (Take-Two) – $18.1 million
- Taek-Jin Kim (NCsoft) – $15.6 million
- Min-Liang Tan (Razer) – $10.4 million
- Debbie Bestwick (Team17) – $10.2 million