The Burning Legion is here – World of Warcraft tries to become one of the flagship MMO titles like it was a decade ago. Gul’dan attacked Azeroth, and the Horde and Alliance has to do their best to claim back the territory.
Quoting the press release:
„World of Warcraft: Legion introduces a host of new features and content to aid heroes in their quest to save Azeroth:
- New Hero Class: Demon Hunter—Unleash Havoc in the form of devastating and dexterous attacks, or seek Vengeance and use your demonic powers to protect allies from harm. Demon Hunters begin their quest at level 98*, so you can quickly join the battle on the Broken Isles.
- New Feature: Artifact Weapons—Seek out and master legendary Artifacts, mighty class-specific weapons from Warcraft lore—such as Ashbringer and Doomhammer—that grow in power as you use them in the battle against the Burning Legion.
- New Continent: The Broken Isles—Explore new zones that dynamically scale to your level. Brave the vrykul realm of Stormheim, where mythic titan Keepers clash for control; unlock the secrets of the night elf ruins of Azsuna; free Val’sharah from the grip of the Emerald Nightmare—your path is yours to forge.
- Boost to Level 100—Head straight to the front lines of the battle against the Legion with an included level-100 character boost. Try out different classes before you commit to boosting, with Legion’s new Class Trial feature.
- New Feature: Order Halls—Gather with fellow members of your class and plan your resistance against the Legion. Command troops and champions of your order—including iconic Warcraft characters—to carry out missions to further your cause.
- New PvP Honor System—Earn all-new PvP-specific powers as you advance through the new Honor system, and earn rewards that benefit you whether you’re in the Arena, on the Battlegrounds, or engaging in PvE content.
- New Feature: World Quests—Experience a vast and ever-changing array of adventures for max-level characters. Hunt for rare treasures, spontaneously join forces to conquer elite bosses, and much more.
The expansion is available in a Standard Edition as well as a Digital Deluxe Edition, which contains a hoard of in-game bonuses for a variety of Blizzard games: an Illidari Felstalker mount and pet for World of Warcraft, a Felstalker mount for Heroes of the Storm, a helm transmog and wings for Diablo III, and a pair of fel-infused StarCraft II portraits.
The retail-only Collector’s Edition includes the digital bonuses from the Digital Deluxe Edition along with a full-color hardcover art book, a behind-the-scenes two-disc Blu-ray/DVD set, a CD soundtrack, and a Legion mouse pad. Supplies are limited, and players should check with their local retailer for availability. You can read for more details here.”