Ratchet and Clank win PlayStation 5 GOTY, while Resident Evil win on PlayStation 4
2021 is coming to an end and, with it, the last votes for the best games of the year. After knowing the list of winners of The Game Awards, it’s the turn of the fans, in this case, the PlayStation fans.
PlayStation Blog has encouraged fans of Sony consoles and games to exercise their right to vote for the best titles of 2021, and there are two main protagonists: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, chosen as the best PS5 game, and Resident Evil Village, awarded the same prize but on PS4.
Other awards were also voted for, such as Best New Character of the Year, where Lady Dimitrescu beat Rivet, Tenzo and Alex Chen, Best Art Direction and Best Soundtrack. Here’s the full list of PlayStation fans’ award winners:
PlayStation Fans GOTYs
- Best PS5 Game: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Best PS4 Game: Resident Evil Village
- Best New Character: Lady Dimitrescu
- Best Story: Resident Evil Village
- Best Art Direction: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Best Soundtrack: Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
- Best Multiplayer: It Takes Two
- Best Accessibility: Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut
- Best Use of DualSense: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Best Graphics: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Best Re-release: Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut
- Best Independent Game: Kena: Bridge of Spirits
- Best PSVR Game: Hitman 3
- Best Studio of the Year: Insomniac Games
- Most Anticipated Game: Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
In 2022 the voting will probably be back, so we can expect other names from the house such as Gran Turismo 7 or Horizon: Forbbiden West. About the latter we have recently learned new details about its machines, which will be a new challenge in Aloy’s adventure that points to February next year.