Taking the form of Odin, the god of Norse mythology, you must save your son over 35 hours of gameplay in true Assassin’s Creed style.
Ubisoft is going all out with the new addition to Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, called Dawn of Ragnarök. As you can see from the spectacular trailer, you’ll be playing the Norse mythological god Odin as he prepares to rescue his son Baldr after he’s been dragged off to the dangerous realm of Svartalfheim. The DLC will be released on March 10, and Ubisoft is not missing the opportunity to raise audience anticipation with details of the epic adventure.
The expansion will offer the choice of a male or female protagonist
The PlayStation Blog has expanded on Odin and his risky task, giving an overview of the features around the god and some extra elements that will complement the expansion, such as the choice of a male or female protagonist. On the one hand, the gameplay with the iconic Norse deity will be slightly different from what we saw with Eivor, as we will be given a mythical armband called Hugr-Rip that will allow us to gain powerful abilities from fallen enemies.
We will have up to five abilities to develop new combat and exploration strategies, although we will only be able to keep two at a time and will have to decide which of these abilities to choose on our journey. As you can read on the website mentioned above, these skills are categorised as follows:
- Power of the Raven: an ability seen in several Assassin’s Creed games, which consists of transforming into a raven to fly around and kill unsuspecting enemies.
- Power of Muspelheim: an ability to turn your body into magma and resemble an enemy from the expansion pack. It also allows you to explore areas flooded by lava.
- Power of Winter: you can use Odin’s weapon to attack your opponents with ice.
- Power of Jotunheim: can transport the god for short distances when rolling or dodging, but can also be helpful for covering long distances faster.
- Power of Rebirth: can be used on fallen foes to revive them to fight on your side.
Dawn of Ragnarök will also introduce new story threads
Dawn of Ragnarök will not only focus on the story of Odin and his son but will also leave room for players looking for more complex challenges. These challenges will be found through the arena, where you’ll be able to fight all kinds of opponents, as seen in other games. In addition, Odin’s battles in this arena can be made even harder, making for a fight worthy of a god.
Finally, the Assassin’s Creed expansion also offers new equipment for the protagonist, and Ubisoft encourages us to explore all the connections between the Norse mythology deities and Isu so that we can expect even more lore material in this epic adventure.
However, Ubisoft is keeping its eye on the horizon of possibilities that Assassin’s Creed offers and has already announced some ideas that should excite all franchise fans. On the one hand, we could see crossovers between several games in the future, but the community’s eyes are also on a rumour that suggests one of Valhalla’s DLCs could be released as an entire, smaller game.
Leave a Reply