Quantic Dream took their sweet time to announce finally the release date of their PlayStation 3 games’ (Beyond: Two Souls and Heavy Rain) jump to the PS4 – they took five months after the E3 announcement! Better late than never, they thought – let’s take a look at the two launch dates because the games won’t drop on us together!
Beyond: Two Souls will come first because it is going to arrive on the PlayStation Store on November 24, for the price of thirty dollars. This isn’t going to be a shoddy, lazy port, as it’s going to have the following improvements:
• Enhanced 1080p graphics including motion blur, bloom, and depth of field effects, as well as improved lighting and shadows. The game also makes use of the DualShock 4 speaker to improve immersion when playing as the Entity.
• Decisions are highlighted at the end of each scene and compared with those made by other players.
• Once you have completed Beyond: Two Souls, you will be able to replay the game in chronological order — a much-requested feature in the PS3 version!
• Increased difficulty in a certain fight scene, combined with improved controls for action sequences.
• Includes the “Enhanced Experiments” DLC.
Heavy Rain‘s PS4 port will drop on March 1, 2016, and if you have bought Beyond’s port, you will be able to get this port at a discount, but Sony didn’t say how much that discount will be.