We also learned the consoles’ target frame rates and resolutions in Resident Evil 8, which is what it is, just not in name.
About the fourth trailer for Resident Evil: Village, Capcom wrote: „The latest trailer for Resident Evil Village pulls fans deeper into the enigmatic locale with a peek at the diversity of environments and enemies players will encounter. New footage provided clues to an immense underground factory possibly mass producing humanoid creatures, and a vast man-made lake barely concealing what appears to be a colossal aquatic monster. The mysterious man from the January Resident Evil Showcase is revealed to be Heisenberg. Though his name is now known, his role remains unclear in protagonist Ethan Winters’ quest to find his daughter. Series veteran Chris Redfield also makes an appearance with questionable motives, creating more mystery as to what his role is.”
Let’s talk about the demo: „Intrepid players are invited to get an early taste of the action-packed horror that awaits when Resident Evil Village launches on May 7. Players can explore the village and castle areas of the game for up to 60 minutes in a limited time demo for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Steam and Stadia. This multiplatform demo will be accessible for 24 hours starting May 1 at 5:00 p.m. PT / 8:00 p.m. ET for North America, South America and Latin America residents, with a pre-load option starting April 29 at 5:00 p.m. PT / 8:00 p.m. ET.
In advance of the multiplatform demo, PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 players will have two early access opportunities, where they will have an eight-hour window to play 30 minutes for each section. The first date will offer the village portion starting April 17 at 5:00 p.m. PT / 8:00 p.m. ET with a pre-load option already available. A second date will offer the castle area starting on April 24 at 5:00 p.m. PT / 8:00 p.m. ET with a pre-load option also starting today at 4:00 p.m. PT / 7:00 p.m. ET.”
And the Mercenaries mode is described as follows: „The heart-pounding action does not stop once Ethan’s story concludes. The fan-favourite game mode, “The Mercenaries,” makes its much-requested return with rich content and rewards, providing variety and replayability beyond the main gameplay in Resident Evil Village. Players must complete increasingly challenging objectives before the clock runs out in this additional game mode, which is unlocked by completing the main campaign. The Duke merchant from the main game appears in the mode, offering weapons and upgrades to help tackle the challenges. Additionally, players can acquire abilities that enhance their weapons or physical abilities. It will be up to each player to strategize which loadout will be the most effective for each objective.”
The resolution and frame rate expectations are better suited to be in a list:
- PlayStation 5 – 4K HDR at 60 frames per second
- PlayStation 5 (when Ray Tracing is turned on) – 4K HD at 45 frames per second
- PlayStation 4 Pro – 1080p at 60 frames per second
- PlayStation 4 Pro (when set to high resolution) – 4K HDR at 30 frames per second
- PlayStation 4 – 900p at 45 frames per second
- Xbox Series X – 4K HDR at 60 frames per second
- Xbox Series X (when Ray Tracing is turned on) – 4K HD at 45 frames per second
- Xbox Series S – 1440p HDR at 45 frames per second
- Xbox Series S (when Ray Tracing is turned on) – 1440p HDR at 30 frames per second
- Xbox One X – 1080p at 60 frames per second
- Xbox One X (when set to high resolution) – 4K HDR at 30 frames per second
- Xbox One – 900p at 30 frames per second
- Stadia – 1080p at 60 frames per second or 4K at 60 frames per second (note: 4K is upscaled using dynamic resolution)
Resident Evil: Village will launch on May 7 on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PC (Steam), PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Google Stadia. The Mercenaries mode can be seen in the third video from 38:45 to 41:40.