They started to spread more information about the System Shock remake on Kickstarter after their pause.
The game will use an updated Unreal Engine 4 (you can see a few images below, courtesy of Nightdive Studios themselves) to provide „more reliable performance and higher fidelity visuals” than the previous iteration. They also showed some music samples – you can check them out here.
Nightdive Studios is also preparing to hold several streams on Twitch. The schedule is the following:
- 11th Gaming with Community Manager Karlee Meow
- 12th Deving System Shock with Chris Mansell
- 18th Gaming with Community Manager Karlee Meow
- 25th Gaming with Community Manager Karlee Meow
- 26th Deving System Shock with Chris Mansell
- 27th Gaming/Q&A with CEO Stephen Kick
Those who have backed the game on the highest tier will also receive a private test as early as September this year.
Due to the new direction (we previously wrote about it), the System Shock remake will not be available before 2020 on PC/Mac, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.