Tom Holland responded to rumours about the future of the Spider-Man cycle at Marvel
In the last few days, Sony Pictures has announced that a second trilogy of Tom Holland’s Spider-Man is already being planned as part of the MCU, something that confirms the current great relationship between Sony and Disney in terms of uniting their cinematic universes and the promising future of their characters in the cinema. However, despite the words of Amy Pascal, head of Sony’s film division, there have been no official statements from Marvel Studios so far. Now, Tom Holland himself has made reference to the announcement, showing himself very happy for the character’s future in the cinema.
Both Tom Holland and Zendaya are currently in the city of Paris, where they attended the Ballon d’Or gala yesterday. Taking advantage of their time in the French capital, both visited the television programme Quotidien, where they were asked directly about Amy Pascal’s announcement and the future of Spider-Man in the cinema. When asked if Holland has already signed on for a new trilogy as Peter Parker/Spider-Man. Remember that the actor recently claimed not to know anything about his future as Spidey, the actor replied, laughing, “next question”.
“Listen, all I’ll say is we have some very, very exciting things to be talking about. I don’t know what those things are or what they will transpire to mean. But it looks like it’s an incredibly bright future ahead, and as I’ve said before, Spider-Man will forever live in me.” the actor says, trying to avoid the subject. At the moment, there is no official information on Spider-Man’s future after No Way Home, so more clues may only be revealed in the post-credits scenes.
— Quotidien (@Qofficiel) November 29, 2021
Directed by Jon Watts and written by Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers, and starring Tom Holland, Zendaya, Benedict Cumberbatch, Jacob Batalon, Jon Favreau, Marisa Tomei, J. B. Smoove, and Benedict Wong, Spider-Man: No Way Home is scheduled to be released on December 17, 2021.