Several major details around Grand Theft Auto VI are finally clearer after Take-Two Interactive discussed Rockstar Games’ next blockbuster during its annual results presentation. The company reaffirmed the November 19, 2026 release date, addressed rumors about pre-orders and the marketing campaign, but the game’s price and its PC release remain the two biggest unanswered questions.
With Grand Theft Auto VI, even a few concrete sentences from Take-Two Interactive’s leadership are enough to become an industry event. Rockstar Games’ parent company used its annual results presentation to address several topics that have kept fans busy in recent weeks: the release date, the start of pre-orders, the timing of the marketing campaign, the possible arrival of the next trailer, and the still-unresolved questions of price and PC availability.
The most important point remains unchanged: GTA 6 is still scheduled to launch on November 19, 2026. Take-Two has not only repeated that date publicly, but has also built its latest financial outlook around it. The company expects between $8 billion and $8.2 billion in net bookings for fiscal year 2027, representing a 20% increase over fiscal year 2026. It attributes that growth primarily to the November launch of Grand Theft Auto VI, meaning the game is not a side factor in Take-Two’s next business year, but its central driver.
The GTA 6 Marketing Campaign Starts This Summer
Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick also addressed recent rumors about pre-orders during interviews following the earnings call. In recent weeks, several claims suggested that GTA 6 pre-orders were about to open almost immediately, but Zelnick said he did not know where those rumors had come from. The game will become available for pre-order during the summer, and its official marketing campaign will also begin to ramp up during that period.
That also means players should not automatically expect Grand Theft Auto VI to appear during the major gaming events taking place in the next few weeks. Speaking to Variety, Zelnick said he did not think the next few weeks really counted as summer, and that Rockstar expects to begin marketing GTA 6 when summer actually arrives. This is an important clarification, because many fans had linked the third trailer and pre-order details to upcoming showcases, conferences, and major digital events.
Take-Two shareholders naturally tried to get more specific information from the company’s leadership, but Zelnick did not provide a detailed rollout calendar. He confirmed that a major marketing campaign is planned, while stressing that the company does not reveal exact marketing beats during investor calls. “We never make marketing announcements on our shareholder calls. Never”, he said. The point is clear: pre-orders and the campaign are coming, but Rockstar is still controlling the timing in its own way.
The third trailer therefore remains an open question, although the summer marketing window makes the next three months especially important. Rockstar has been extremely selective with its Grand Theft Auto VI communication so far, and after the first two trailers, it would make sense for the next major wave to connect with pre-orders, editions, or a deeper look at gameplay. There is still no official trailer date, however.
Price and PC Remain the Two Big Unknowns
Alongside the confirmed release date and the summer marketing window, two major questions remain unanswered. The first is the price of GTA 6. Take-Two has been repeating the same position for months: the company believes the value offered by the new title will far exceed its cost. That is a polished business answer, but it is not a number, especially in an industry where the $70 base price increasingly looks less like an endpoint and more like the starting line for another round of increases.
The second major question is the potential release on PC and other platforms. The currently confirmed platforms for Grand Theft Auto VI are PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S, with no PC date announced yet. Zelnick’s answer was positive in tone, but deliberately vague: “Eventually, all of Take-Two Interactive’s major titles become available on all systems”, he said. That strongly suggests a PC version is unlikely to be left out in the long run, but it provides neither an official announcement nor a release window.
That is not surprising for anyone familiar with Rockstar’s history. Grand Theft Auto V arrived on consoles first and came to PC later, while Red Dead Redemption 2 also followed a separate PC release schedule. Take-Two’s current communication suggests the company does not want to weaken the console launch marketing with an early PC announcement, but it also does not want to completely rule out future availability on other systems.
Grand Theft Auto VI therefore remains the most closely watched release in the games industry, but a few things are now clearer. The date is still November 19, 2026, pre-orders and the marketing campaign will begin this summer, and the next trailer will likely be tied to that period. The two most important business questions, however, are still hanging in the air: how much the game will cost, and when it will come to PC. Take-Two has cleared up several rumors, but Rockstar is still holding back its biggest cards.
Source: 3DJuegos, Reuters, Barron’s, The Wall Street Journal




Leave a Reply