“Lead a band of brothers in medieval Europe to stop a mad villain.” Publisher THQ Nordic and developer KITE Games unveiled a new trailer for The Valiant at the THQ Nordic Digital Showcase 2022.
Here’s a review of the game, via its Steam page:
“We are the brave, the Valiant, and the power of our brotherhood will lead us to victory in our quest.
Follow the story of Theoderich von Akenburg, a former crusader who, disillusioned with the cruelty of war, is thrust back into action by events that began 15 years ago when he and his former comrade-in-arms Ulrich von Grevel stumble upon a broken piece of an ancient relic – the Rod of Aaron. A young monk named Malcom appears on Theoderich’s doorstep, bringing him news that the Rod contains powers never meant for mortals, and Ulrich becomes obsessed with finding the remaining pieces and reuniting the Rod, which could bring untold evil and suffering to the world.
Theoderich takes it upon himself to seek out the remaining relics to keep them away from Ulrich, and sets out on a journey across Europe and the Middle East. Along the way, he meets many other warriors who decide to join the cause, from the aged and experienced Reinhard von Kempten of the Teutonic Order to the ambitious young mercenary Grimhild Eidottrig and her Company of Ravens, all of whom join for different reasons but slowly form bonds that will endure through the trials and tribulations to come.
- – A team-based real-time strategy game with a wide range of units, from tank-toting swordsmen to fast cavalry.
- – Choose hero and support teams through 15 exciting, hand-crafted single-player missions, each with unique cinematics, narrated logs, difficulty levels and more.
- – More than five hero squads, each with three different skill trees that give players unique passive and active abilities to choose from as their heroes level up.
- – A large selection of weapons and armour to loot and equip throughout the campaign, each with their own stats and special abilities.
- – Combine your heroes’ skills and weapons/equipment for a huge variety of hero builds.
- – Play cooperatively with friends in the three-player “Last Man Standing” mode, where you can take on hordes of enemies and gain experience to level up your knights and unlock new abilities and cosmetics.
- – Play competitively in multiplayer multiplayer game modes that support one-on-one and two-on-two play, with cosmetic meta-growth and special rewards for ranked play.
- – The Valiant will be released for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on Steam and the Epic Games Store via GOG. No release date has been announced yet.
Here’s a trailer for the game, let us know what you thought in the comments: