Maid of Sker wants to be among the most disturbing horror titles, as evidenced by the latest trailer of it’s gameplay.
We’ve already had the good fortune for some great horror games this year, such as Resident Evil 3 or The Last of Us Part II, but it’s also worth keeping in mind the upcoming horror game Maid of Sker from Wales Interactive. The first-person view horror is based on a classic Welsh story of a woman captured by her own father in a scary hotel.
Before we go any further, let’s take a look at the trailer:
As you can see on the trailer, Maid of Sker promises a seriously challenging stealth while hiding from the Quiet Men, who have a superhuman hearing. The story will be based on our choices, thus increasing replayability.
Here is the official description of the game:
Inspired by the haunting Welsh folklore tale of Elisabeth Williams, Maid of Sker draws players back to 1898 to venture through the shadowy halls of Sker Hotel. Armed only with a defensive sound-device, players will have to keep eyes open and stay alert through the waking nightmare in order to solve the supernatural mystery that hangs over the Sker Hotel.
- 3D sound-based AI system as the core survival mechanic.
- Realistic visuals featuring 4k uncapped on PC (1080p 60fps minimum) and enhancements on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.
- Dynamic environment sound feature that alerts enemies via a nudge system when the player bumps into objects.
- A chilling story inspired by Welsh folklore fusing psychological, gothic and British horror.
- Re-imagining of famous Welsh hymns Calon Lân (A Pure Heart), Suo-Gân (Welsh Lullaby) and Ar Hyd Y Nos (All Through the Night) from the spine-chilling voice of Tia Kalmaru.
Although Wales Interactive’s work to date has included weaker titles, it will obviously be their most ambitious, personal project. We hope the thing goes well.
Maid of Sker will arrive on PC via Steam on July 28, and will also be available for Xbox One and PS4.
Please support our page theGeek.games on Patreon, so we can continue to write you the latest gaming, movie and tech news and reviews as an independent magazine.
Become a Patron!